I cannot stand a disorganized purse! Every time my purse gets close to being messy, I take everything out and reorganize it. I do not know how some people fish through a black hole of receipts, gum wrappers, and loose change to find their keys. 😉
I am drawn towards structured bags, especially if there are pockets on the inside. A long time ago I started carrying a small pouch inside of my bag to hold all the small stuff I may need. This helps my purse avoid becoming a catch all. I would reccommend that everyone do this for easy access to the things you grab the most – keys, wallet, phone – and not the smaller items you grab less.
If you look inside my purse, these items (alongside my phone and keys) are the only items you’ll see. I tuck the ear buds, chapstick, and wallet in the pockets inside the purse.
These Dooney Zip Top bags are my all-time favorite purse. It’s a timeless staple that’s structured and organized, goes with everything, and the all-weather leather is nice because rain & snow won’t hurt it. I love this bag so much I have it in two colors and would get another one if there was a third color I wanted. The best part is the pouches inside keep items neat, and they even have a hook (shown at bottom of the bag) for your keys if you find yourself having to dig them out.
Inside the pouch I keep a variety of items: small comb, sunscreen (vineyard vines tube that looks like a glue stick…), kleenex, Tide to-go pen, lotion, nail file, gum, mints, blotting paper, pillbox, pen (not pictured), and my newest/most important addition – iPhone battery charger + 4″ cord! How have I gone this long without one? I keep this thing charged and if I snap chat too much one day it saves my battery and fits slim in my purse.
My tips for a more organized purse:
- Find a pouch to keep small items together that also makes switching purses a breeze.
- Keep total amount of larger/more frequently used items as low as possible.
- Make your purse a ‘no trash’ zone. Never leave trash in your purse for too long, always throw it out as soon as possible.
- Do something with tickets and receipts before they become forgotten pieces of paper floating around your purse.
- Make a place for spare change. Whether you keep it in a coin purse, put it in a jar at home, etc., make sure it has a designated spot so it doesn’t pile up in your purse.
Disclaimer – there are times where my purse gets way out of control, so these tips come out of my own personal trial and error. I’ve been using Sunday nights to take 5 minutes and make sure things in my purse are in order for the week.
Is your purse organized? What do you keep in it?