Last week I talked about best footwear for a rainy day, but this week I want to talk about the perfect raincoat. With spring showers approaching, it’s smart to have the proper jacket and boots available to grab when the weather turns gray.
There’s a few must-have’s for the perfect rain jacket:
- A hood is non-negotiable. Sometimes you’ll forget your umbrella, or not want to have to carry it around once you’re inside. A hood is the #1 priority when looking for a raincoat.
- Lightweight is key since you may be layering it over bulky clothing or it could be rather warm but still rainy.
- Wind-resistant material is important since rainy weather is most likely windy weather.
- A little length is always a plus when you need a little extra protection against the elements.
- A bright color is a must-have for me. Sure, dark colors will “go with everything”, but it’s already gloomy outside, a colorful raincoat will brighten things up a bit.
The Logan Jacket from Charles River Apparel checks all my boxes for the perfect raincoat. It’s lightweight, waterproof, hooded, and the kelly green is such a preppy color for spring. The jacket can even be monogrammed to personalize it even more. I always keep an eye out every spring for raincoats, but never found one I absolutely loved until now. I especially love that there’s a drawstring inside to make it look more tailored than boxy. I couldn’t be happier with the style and quality of this jacket.
What are your go-to essentials for a rainy day?