There are a ton of sales going on right now, which makes it the perfect time to get some summer staples for next summer (Yes, Summer 2015). It’s not as exciting shopping at the end of a season, but you’ll thank yourself later for being so smart. Here are a few items I deem as my summer staples, meaning they’ll work with the rest of your existing wardrobe easily and they’re classic enough to be worn for years to come. 1. Chambray shirts are lightweight and can tone down bright shorts, or make white jeans look fresh. The best part of this piece, is you can keep it in rotation ALL year round. It’s worth the investment, and luckily you can find on at J Crew Factory for under $30.
2. Oxford cloth popover is a great short sleeve option that proves to be versatile and can also be worn all year round just by putting a sweater over it. This one is also on sale at J Crew Factory for $30.
3. Baseball caps are cute and keep the sun out of your eyes. Perfect for running errands or humid days where your hair isn’t cooperating. This one is 40% off at J Crew for $18, but if you shop in store you may be able to find it even cheaper.
4. White denim shorts are my all time favorite summer staple. I got this exact pair pictured above from J Crew Factory two years ago and they’re so comfortable. They have been constantly worn this summer since they go with virtually any piece. Do yourself a favor and grab these while they’re 50% off ($29.50) at J Crew Factory.
5. White denim pants make any outfit look fresh for summer and can be dressed up or down. If you follow me on instagram, you’ve seen mine quite a bit this summer as it’s proven to be another versatile piece in my closet. Mine are from Lands End Canvas and are no longer available, but Gap has many options on sale for as low as $27.
6. White cotton dress makes an easy outfit to throw on and pair with any shoe or accessory. It’s effortless while still looking feminine. You can find many styles of white dresses on sale, but this one is currently $30 from Tommy Hilfiger.
7. Boat shoes are a staple for me, and now is a great time of year to purchase them. The Sperry Top-Sider website has some on sale, but 6pm.com has even more choices (and better prices). The one pictured above is from 6pm.com for $32 – a great deal for quality shoes.
8. Sandals are starting to go on sale so figure out which of your sandals may need to be replaced or a style you think you would wear a lot and keep an eye out. I think sandals are best tried on in stores, but I included this one from the Clark’s website on sale for $65. Not the best deal of my round-up, but Clark’s will last you years to come and are extremely comfortable. I switched into Clark’s wedges after my wedding ceremony and didn’t have sore feet the entire day!
Whether your summer staples are similar to mine or not, it’s a great time of year to look over your closet and decide what pieces you could see yourself getting a lot of use out of. Shopping at the end of the season will not only save you money, but will give you something to be excited about next year when you pull out your spring/summer clothes.