September is hands down my favorite month of the year and I would love to share what’s inspiring my style this month. As we close in on fall in the next week, new life is breathed into style as we ebb and flow with the changing of the season.
1. White Denim is changing how I transition seasons. I foolishly used to retire my white denim after labor day but have since then learned how versatile it can be. White used as your base makes every color you put with it look more crisp because of the contrast. Fall colors tend to look even more rich and lovely when paired with fresh white.
2. Heather gray has also been utilized as a neutral as my wardrobe begins its process into fall. I heavily favor a heather gray over a solid gray because of the texture it brings to an outfit while still making other colors pop. I love the combo of rust and gray above as complimentary colors.
3. Turkish rugs in the form of handbags and shoes have inspired me lately. The rugs bring vibrant color and beautiful intricate pattern to any room, and also convey that “well traveled” glamor to accessories as well. I love the way these pieces put interest into a more neutral fall outfit.
4. Bandanas have been on my radar since last winter when Ralph Lauren started pairing them with more outfits. I adore the look as it brings an effortless Americana vibe to any outfit. My favorite way to wear it is subtly around the neck with a button down shirt. I’ll be wearing my navy bandana with chambray this season.
5. Quilted anything is a win in my book. I’ve been wearing quilted jackets and vests for almost seven years now and the classic style isn’t going anywhere. Lightweight, yet warm, they add texture and style through easy layering over your favorite fall outfit. The second the temperatures drop, I bring out all my quilted vests and jackets.
6. Skirts and boots seem like a no-brainer but can actually be quite difficult to wear. You’ll always want to make sure there’s enough space between the top of the boot and the bottom of the skirt to look proportionate. When done correctly, it’s a lovely look that I want to wear more often than I have in the past.
What are you inspired by this September?