Here are five items and looks I’m loving for September.
- Larger, leather details are having a moment right now but also fit great into a classic style wardrobe. I love the look of the thicker leather belt in the photo above as it elevates the dress to be high style and understated. I own a camel toned leather belt similar to the one above and enjoy adding it to my outfits. I also love to carry a leather satchel as well as it goes with almost everything I own.
- Wool fedoras are everywhere this season, but my interest has been peaked by my friend Carolyn who moved to Australia and has been sporting the original Akubra hats. She looks amazing in them and has inspired me to try the style as well. Look for a post in the future about them!
- Chambray is the workhorse of any wardrobe as it creates a nice base to let other items shine. The color and texture of the fabric is what sets it apart in your closet. I’ve been choosing chambray button down shirts over my normal blue ones o compliment the autumnal colors I’m pairing it with.
- Gingham/large check lives in my closet year round but I am seeing it quite a bit in many brand’s fall collections. The L.L. Bean one above looks great with a thick cardigan over it, and I’d also wear a vest over it for a easy fall outfit.
- Tortoiseshell accessories are a neutral that’s meant for the cooler weather. This time of year I break out all my tortoise accessories, like my favorite fossil watch. While some materials can often look cheap, tortoise is hard to mess up. It looks authentically high end wherever you style it.
What styles are you eyeing this fall?
BiancaSeptember 13, 2018 at 12:19 pm (5 years ago)
I am loving the large gingham flannel looks this year! Such great transitions pieces from gingham in the summer to a cozier look.
thedressdecodedSeptember 14, 2018 at 8:16 am (5 years ago)
Yes! I don’t know why some people retire gingham for the year. I wear it year round!