Easter is a big deal in my household, but there are some years I get a new outfit and many that I just choose something out of my own closet. With the holiday approaching quickly, it might be harder to go out and get a whole new outfit. My tips today are all about putting together an Easter outfit out of what you already own.
- Pull out all the pieces in your closet that remind you of Easter. Think pastels, lighter neutrals, floral prints, etc. This holiday is very much reminiscent of a brighter, cheery color scheme so find those items in your closet that emulate that look.
- Out of those items, find one or two that you’re drawn to and create an outfit around it. It can be hard to bring together an entire outfit all at once, so starting with one piece and dressing around it is a simple way to stay on track for your Easter outfit.
- You don’t always have to wear a dress. I love wearing a dress on Easter, but it’s not the only way. Sometimes it’s easier to pick a top and skirt for the occasion to change things up. Sometimes wearing two separates creates an even more interesting outfit.
- Pair your brighter items with a texture or neutral. While I’m all for going all bright colors, some may want to tone it down. For example, a floral skirt would look lovely paired with a chambray shirt, or a pastel sweater would go nicely with white pants.
- Add lady-like details to accessorize your outfit. Easter attire has a femininity about it that works well in the spring season. I think pearls are a home run in the accessory department and wearing a hat is even better. I don’t expect everyone to wear a hat on Easter but it’s my personal tradition. 🙂
What do you wear on Easter? Do you buy a new outfit or pick from what you have?
BiancaApril 15, 2019 at 4:10 pm (4 years ago)
Love this post! My family tends to dress more casually for Easter dinner but I love these ideas. I’m thinking of wearing a white dress with a fun gingham or seersucker blazer!
thedressdecodedApril 18, 2019 at 2:53 pm (4 years ago)
I think that sounds like a perfect Easter outfit! I too will dress more casual later in the day for dinner with family, I just dress up for church. 🙂