Knowing how to dress in between seasons can be difficult. Many people easily jump right into fall without considering that it’s still summer until mid-September. The weather is still hot, but you’re ready for a change and you’ve grown tired of your summer wardrobe. I often feel the same way, so I’ve challenged myself to put more effort into late summer outfits by slowly transitioning into fall. Here are my tips:
- Pick out a few lightweight items from your fall clothes.
- I brought out this burgundy sweater pictured above to mix into my outfits to bring a collegiate feel to an otherwise summer outfit. It’s not appropriate to start wearing boots and wool sweaters yet, so choose a few lightweight items that can be worked into summer color schemes.
- Start transitioning from summer brights to deeper tones.
- I’m slowly starting to get away from bright pinks and green, and bringing more navy, gray, reds, etc. to combine with more neutral summer colors. I think all these fall colors look fresh with white.
- Use richer tone accessories as a smart way to mix up your late summer outfits.
- This can be done simply with watches, darker shoes, leather belts, etc.
Colors combinations I’m loving for late summer are:
- Burgundy, gray, & white
- Hunter green, navy, & khaki
- Mustard yellow, gray, & navy