Long ago, I used to plan what I wore every day the night before. Hanging it up, making sure everything was ironed and ready to go. Those days are over, and although I will still hang up outfits from time to time, I usually pick what to wear the morning of.
There are a few key items I keep nearby my closet that have come in handy when I’m getting dressed for the day. Sometimes things don’t always go as planned and I really don’t have time to go with another option. Sure I could pick a different outfit completely, but we’ve all been in situations where we either don’t want to or don’t have the time to. It’s smart to invest now in the simple tools below that will make your life easier!
- Tide To Go Pen is something I keep both in my purse and in my closet. They are small and effective, and really save the day if I have one tiny mark on a white blouse and I really don’t want to change. I always make sure I have them in stock!
- Clothing Tape is something I bought when I was in a wedding last year and I wanted to make sure my bridesmaid dress stayed in place. Since having the entire pack left, I’ve used it on a few occasions where my neckline wouldn’t stay in place, strap is showing, etc. I never thought about keeping them around until they’ve saved the day a few times! these are the ones I use
- Safety Pins are another item I have always had around since high school. If something isn’t sitting right, a shirt seems too low, or something needing extra support to stay closed, the safety pin comes to the rescue! I have varying sizes from large to small.
- Lint Roller is used daily in my house since I have a cat, but other things can shed and you may not notice them until you’re completely dressed and almost out the door. Lint rollers are a must for everyone whether you own a pet or not.
- Static Guard only gets used in the colder months, but in Michigan that’s like half the year. Especially when dressing up for a nicer event, dresses can hold static and cling to your legs. Static guard fights against this and has earned its place in my closet.
- Mini Flat Iron is a newer item that I originally bought to help tame my baby hairs, but I’ve used it on more than one occasion to get out wrinkles last min when I’m already wearing an item. Think the bottom of skirts, shirts, etc.
The one item I do not have but am considering adding to the tools above is a mini clothing steamer. I’ve heard really good things about having one on hand since it is gentle on your clothes and works quickly.
What are some of your closet emergency items? I’d love to hear what you’d add to this list! 🙂