I wear make up daily, but am not even close to being a make up expert by any means. I appreciate and even envy the way many girls know how to do their make up, but I keep it pretty simple and natural. Through years of trial and error, I’ve found what works best for me and would love to share the items that I’m fiercely loyal to.
- Lipstick – I discovered Revlon Colorstay Lipstick from just trying it on a whim and have fallen in love. I have more expensive lipsticks, but these are the best by far! I always find they have great color choices and the color does not wear off. I’m not even afraid to put it on before I have my coffee because I know it will last. The best part is that it’s pretty matte so it doesn’t look too crazy.
- L’Oreal Double Extend mascara is one of those products I will stock up on if they ever threaten to discontinue. I have told countless friends about it, who have also switched to this mascara and never looked back. It applies great, doesn’t flake, but the best part is taking it off. I don’t own eye make up remover because this comes off with face wash in one big clump and it’s completely removed. The removal is a little creepy (looks like spider legs all over the towel), but trust me, this stuff is incredible.
- I struggled way too long into adulthood without having a foundation I loved or looked natural. I still get acne so I want something that covers zits and redness without being caked on. My mom suggested Estee Lauder Double Stay Light and it’s perfect! I couldn’t be happier with it as it goes on nicely and blends perfectly into my skin tone.
- If you have oily skin in the least bit, you need to try this primer. (You will thank me later!) My face used to get oily in the middle of the day and I had to use blotting wipes, but not anymore. I put this on my nose, forehead, and cheekbones and it keeps them from getting shiny throughout the day. I can’t believe more people don’t use this because it really works to keep my face matte during the day. I linked the Ulta link, but you can find it at Target.
- Mr. Blanc Whitening Strips are new to me, but have really worked to brighten up my teeth for summer. I’m a coffee drinker, and even though I’m diligent in brushing and flossing, I still like to whiten once in awhile. My teeth can be sensitive to whitening strips, which is why I love that these dissolve in 15 minutes. I can just put them on before I leave the house and they’re gone when I arrive at my destination with whiter teeth!self tanner / hand lotion / face sunscreen / purple shampoo
- Another product all my friends use because I won’t stop raving out it is Fake Bake self tanner. I don’t need it very much in the summer, but sometimes when I’m feeling super pale in the winter I’ll bust it out. If you’ve ever worried about uneven, unnatural self tanners, you will love this worry-free solution. It makes you look instantly (and natural looking) tan overnight so it’s perfect before attending a wedding or big event. I’m against tanning beds and not big on tanning, so this is the perfect solution for when you want to look tan quickly.
- I may be alone in this, but I am really bad at using hand lotion. I have a million hand lotions, but I never remember to put them on. I hit a point one winter where my husband mentioned something about how cracked my hands are and I realized it was a problem. After much research, I found O’Keefes and fell in love. It’s really meant for men who work with their hands (think car mechanics, farmers, etc.) and somehow I use it too – I blame washing my hands all the time. The best part is you only have to use it once a day to get your hands super smooth all day since it’s almost a waterproof feel. I use it right before bed and that’s it!
- Like I said above, I’m big into sunscreen and must use it on my face and neck even on a cloudy day. I swear it will pay off someday! I was worried about using this stuff because I can get oily skin and the matte primer listed above has been so successful in combating that, but this stuff hasn’t messed with it at all. I can wear it under my make up and it doesn’t get oily.
- I get highlights and always worry about my blonde getting too “yellow/gold”. This stuff from Sally’s is the best purple shampoo! I only use it once every couple of weeks and it keeps my hair having cool tones vs. yellow. I’ve used other purple shampoos in the past and this by far is the best!
The above products are all beauty products I love, but I’m still in search for products I love for these areas:
I’ve found chapsticks I’ve liked, but nothing that really keeps them hydrated as much as I’d need it. I really want to find one that I love and can buy for life that I can apply minimally.
I’ve also haven’t had much luck in the eyeliner department. I don’t love liquid eye liner as I think it looks harsh on me when I apply it, but pencil ends up smudging on my upper eyelid.
I’m really bad at putting body lotion on after showers, and the ones I use still leave my skin feeling dry.
If you have any suggestions for these, please comment below!
Thanks for reading!